MetaMundo Announces ‘The MetaPortal: OG1500 Community Governance and Grant Program’
MetaMundo is establishing a community governance and grant program — whose purpose is to encourage our ever-growing community of portal owners, to participate in the curation of unique and exciting experiences that can be discovered by using The MetaPortal: OG1500. This document outlines the reasons why MetaMundo is establishing this grant program and the larger community governance goals its founding will help to further support.
At the core of the community governance and grant program, is the aim to showcase unique and exciting experiences in the metaverse; enable the discovery, sharing, or even creation of these same experiences; and to expand engagement within our community, by encouraging its members to share their own favorite metaverse destinations. These are some of the reasons behind our decision to create our first 3D NFT–a portal; to enable people to discover the best things to see, and do, in the metaverse, and become the go-to guide for the open metaverse. We will also start exploring ways to enable community participation, and we believe that supporting the curation of the experiences discoverable via The MetaPortal: OG1500, is a great first step towards this.
Anywhere that our community thinks would be interesting for owners of our first NFT, to be able to teleport to, are able to be proposed. In this way, we are literally expanding the utility of The MetaPortal: OG1500, by allowing the discovery of endless metaverse destinations, as they are viewed and assessed through the lens of our own community. Think of this as a curated series of ever-changing experiences that encourage exploration of the hidden gems in, around, and throughout the metaverse. At the outset, we’ll seek to source destinations that our community puts forth, as being exciting possible spaces and experiences that deserve even more attention, are under-visited, or are just incredibly interesting and are deserving of our portal owners’ attention.
We’re shining a spotlight on multiple, rotating, community-sourced places in the metaverse.
Grants for Building Metaverse Experiences
We’re creating a new treasury here at MetaMundo to enable 3D metaverse creators to apply for grants, which will enable them to develop custom experiences and destinations for The MetaPortal: OG1500. To begin with, 50,000 USD will be allocated to our treasury and made available for the creators from our community to build new experiences within the metaverse.
How it Works: Submitting Experience Proposals
Anyone in our Discord can submit an entry, by tagging destination proposals: IRL events, metaverse experiences, etc. Let your imagination run wild, and also, make sure to dream big. Owning our very first 3D NFT–The MetaPortal: OG1500–is not a requirement to participate. We have consciously made this decision so that anyone, and any entity–such as brands, collectives, private organizations, or foundations, for instance–are also free to make a proposal.
Submitting Creator Grant Proposals
1. If you’re not a member of our Discord, join at: discord.gg/metamundo
Once you’ve joined, react to the welcome message to self-assign a role. Only with a role can you participate in the proposal submissions. If you’re already a Discord member, jump to the next step.
2. Within our Discord, go to: https://app.dework.xyz/metamundo
There you will see open tasks, under the channel #creators-programme
3. Once you open the task on Dewok, please carefully read the instructions on what type of specifications we’re looking for in terms of design, scenes, etc.
4. To participate, submit a proposal document containing:
1. A c. 100–200 word description of the destination
2. A design portfolio (preferably for the metaverse)
3. A moodboard and/or files to support your proposal
4. Grant request and breakdown of its costs (max: 5,000 USD)
5. Once submitted, the MetaMundo team will approve, or not, the proposal–based on the above data. If successful, it will be pushed to an open vote, to include all MetaPortal holders.
6. A vote will be held for a maximum period of 10 days; proposals will be taken to the next step once at least 20 votes have been achieved (votes needed might be changed at a later stage).
7. Once voting has been completed, the winning proposal will be classified as “in progress”, and the winner begins work on their project, then made accessible to holders of the MetaPortal.
8. A new review of the 3D model files will be held for quality control, and if all is in order, the proposed grant amount will be paid out to the winner of the most votes from the community.
Voting on Proposals: Who can vote?
MetaMundo’s team and owners of The MetaPortal: OG1500, weighted as:
● 50%: MetaMundo’s internal curation committee
● 50%: Owners of The MetaPortal: OG1500 3D NFT
–Proposals can also be submitted without requesting a creator grant.
–Proposals that have been approved will be put forth to be worked on.
–Creators can also propose a destination to be voted on by the community.
–However, if you propose creating a destination, a budget must be included.
Creators should submit their proposal, including a breakdown of the estimated grant amount–if proposing the creation of a destination–totaling up to 5,000 USD. Grants without a breakdown, will not be considered.
MetaMundo is a curated marketplace for 3D scenes and assets, enabling anyone to own high quality 3D NFTs for use across the open metaverse. Powered by web3 technology, the scenes and assets available on MetaMundo are verifiable on the Ethereum blockchain. We developed our own NFT, specifically for 3D scenes and assets, which are metaverse-ready. Each of our NFTs contain a bundle of 3D files, optimized for use across the open metaverse — including versions, which can be used in high fidelity game engines and environments. MetaMundo presents exclusive drops to collectors from the world’s leading 3D artists, designers, architects, and brands — with creators receiving royalties from future sales. Every 3D NFT minted by MetaMundo can also be resold by collectors on secondary NFT marketplaces.
MetaMundo is backed by acclaimed metaverse funds, advisors, and angel investors.
Join our Community: